1 any object that is left unused or still extant; "I threw out the remains of my dinner"
- What is left after a person (or any organism) dies; a corpse.
- They buried the remains of their long time friend in the town cemetery.
- A relic of an ancient building or other structure.
- All that is left of the stock of some things; remnants.
- He couldn't bring himself to eat the remains of the chicken dinner.
- Plural of remain
What is left after a person (or any organism) dies; a corpse
A relic of an ancient building or other structure
- Dutch: overblijfselen
- third-person singular of remain
- We'll go ahead, while she remains here.
Remains may refer to:
- Remains (Alkaline Trio album), a 2007 compilation album by punk band Alkaline Trio
- Remains (Annihilator album), a 1997 album by heavy metal band Annihilator
- Remains (Bella Morte album), a 1997 album by gothic rock band Bella Morte
- Remains (Only Ones album), a 1984 album by rock band The Only Ones
- The Remains, a.k.a. Barry and the Remains, a 1960s rock band from Boston
account, afterglow, afterimage, ancient manuscript, annals, antique, antiquity, archaism, artifact, ashes, balance, body, bones, butt, butt end, cadaver, candle ends, carcass, carrion, catalog, cave painting, chaff, chronicle, clay, corpse, corpus delicti, correspondence, crowbait, dead body, dead man, dead person, debris, decedent, detritus, documentation, dry bones, dust, earth, embalmed corpse, end, eolith, fag end, filings, food for worms, fossil, heel, history, holdover, husks, inventory, late lamented, leavings, leftovers, letters, list, memorial, mezzolith, microlith, mortal remains, mummification, mummy, neolith, odds and ends, offscourings, organic remains, orts, paleolith, parings, petrification, petrified forest, petrified wood, petroglyph, pipe roll, plateaulith, rags, record, recording, refuse, register, registry, relic, relics, reliquiae, remainder, remnant, residual, residue, residuum, rest, roach, roll, rolls, roster, rota, rubbish, ruin, ruins, rump, sawdust, scourings, scraps, scroll, shadow, shavings, skeleton, stiff, straw, stubble, stump, survival, sweepings, table, tenement of clay, the dead, the deceased, the defunct, the departed, the loved one, token, trace, vestige, waste